Thank you for visiting my site!
I am blessed to serve people in later life stages, using massage therapy to comfort and affirm. I am a Compassionate Touch® Practitioner and Hospice Massage Therapist.
Massage has been found to:
- relieve pain
- stimulate circulation
- aid in the prevention of skin breakdown
- soothe tight, rigid muscles
- provide sensory stimulation
- calm the nervous system
- ease breathing as the body relaxes
- promote restful sleep
- acknowledge the continued worth of the individual
- provide human connection
Click here for a list of questions for your potential massage therapist, from the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA). Click here to learn more about the Benefits of Massage from Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP).
Massage is especially effective for people with Alzheimer's/dementia, because it:
- provides reassurance
- helps "ground" one who is disoriented in time and space
- calms agitation
Please contact Janet if you would like to give your loved one at home, under hospice care and/or in a longterm care facility, the gift of gentle, relaxing, therapeutic massage.